Our highly experienced field service engineers are available at short notice to support our customers globally, in the installation assistance and verification of our products including:
- Specialist thermoplastic welding
- GRE/GRV over wrapping, adhesive and mechanical jointing
- Client team support, training and certification
- Preventative and corrective action reports
- Fault investigation and repair
- Electrical continuity test to ISO 14692 standard
- Field personnel training of specialist tooling, jointing, installation methods and material handling
- Unconditional commitment to HSE and quality (LRQA 9001, 14001, 18001)
- Commissioning of equipment
- Problem solving
Our expert field service engineers are qualified to work in offshore, marine and Industrial applications with certification including BOSIET, MIST, ECITB, CCNSG, CSCS, ensuring maximum availability for our clients. We ensure maximum performance, assurance and service life of products is achieved, in line with manufacturers recommendations and project specifications.
Field Service Engineering Projects Portfolio examples:
- BP Shah Deniz II – Our engineers were appointed onsite to provide training to the local workforce at Baku and to oversee HDPE butt and electro fusion jointing/welding operations, Bondstrand® GRE taper jointing and general install of 8.8km of HDPE pipe systems up to 900mm in diameter and 11km of Bondstrand GRE up to 16” over a 24 month duration.
- Royal Navy Type 45 Destroyers – Filed service site support and product training was provided for a range of GRE pipe systems; ballast, cooling water, bilge, fuel, drains, sewage, sounding/venting tubes and exhaust. BAE Surface Ships quoted:
“The FGS team contributed proven expertise and experience to the Type 45 Programme and worked closely with the BAE team to deliver key pipework milestones. I’m sure that the results achieved on the Type 45 programme will stand them in good stead to deliver on the Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier Programme.”
- Royal Navy Aircraft carriers – From 2010 to 2015, a Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) site office was established to provide a base for our field service engineers to provide Bondstrand® expert installation services for the QEC units under construction within Govan site, Glasgow. We supplied, fabricated and delivered 2,628m² of phenolic grating and over 4,100 metres of Bondstrand GRE Pipe systems per hip. More information on this project here.
- Isle of Grain, Clancy Docwra – Field Service Engineers provided specialist onsite lamination teams for the Power Stations’ large diameter cooling water supply lines up to 1200mm in diameter.
- Severn Hummingbird FPSO – Bondstrand GRE ballast isolations, inspections, repairs and ongoing maintenance works were provided by field service engineers for the on-board FPSO pipe systems.