Timber is a traditional, low cost building material but it has limited longevity without regular maintenance. So, what’s the solution?
Fibre Reinforced Polymer (FRP)
We recently supplied and installed 60 linear metres of FRP single face fencing to replace rotten timber parapet fencing along a small road bridge in Lancashire, UK.
The original timber parapet fencing was in extremely poor condition and was supported by corroded metallic angles – posing an unacceptable risk to public safety.
Fiber Glass Systems FRP Parapet replacement was manufactured from FRP profiles, providing a strong, durable and corrosion resistant solution with a design life expectancy of 60+ years.
As specialists in off-site build solutions, we were able to manufacture modular sections at our Plymouth based facility, with the parapet fencing then being installed onto pre-cast threaded anchors on site.
Our unique off-site build capabilities resulted in the whole installation taking less than one week, which also reduced the disruption to local residents and risk for on-site refurbishment personnel.
The benefits are clear but if you are un-familiar with the advantages of FRP composites, here are just a few more:
- Superior structural integrity
- Non-conductive – ideal for electrified environments
- Lightweight – faster to install & no heavy machinery required
- Bespoke design to suit customer requirements – wide range of colours and finishes available
- Minimal maintenance
- Our parapet modules feature versatile adjustment so can be adapted on-site if required
- Smooth front and rear face versions available
- All profiles manufactured to BS EN 10204:2004 Cert 3.1 Quality Assurance
Interested in learning more?
If you have a project that could benefit from our range of FRP composite solutions, or you would just like to understand more about the advantages of this advanced composite material and our innovative capabilities please contact a member of our team on 01752 581200 or via email at email@example.com.